Tuesday, February 12, 2013


Texting

I honestly love texting. I’ve probably been doing it ever since I got my first phone. It’s so convenient, easy, and fast. It’s weird to think just a few years ago I was talking to my friends on the house phone; making a call feels so strange now. Texting is so much easier than making a call sometimes. For example, when my mom is at work and I need to tell her something I could just text her, which makes it super convenient. Sometimes texting something is easier than actually saying it, like when you’re talking to someone that makes you shy or nervous texting is probably an easy way for you to talk to that person. It’s also fast because the person you’re texting can instantly see what you said. So I guess texting is pretty straight forward.


Texting does have its cons. Texting can be dangerous, and distracting. Dangerous because a lot of people do while driving and put others in danger to read a little text that’s probably not even that important. It’s also distracting because texting is so easy we think we could text while paying attention in class or doing our homework. I think most of the time we’re so distracted we don’t realize we’re actually distracted.

5 comments:

  1. Making a call does feel strange nowadays. I don't even recall when is the last time I called somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. most people do get distracted while they are doing there homework or in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texting is great, but does become a distraction at times. Mostly times when concentration is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many times have we seen our fellow classmates hiding there cells because there texting? Its now become the common practice of hiding our cells in class. If we has students do it in class imagine them on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I remember those days talking on the house phone until it died. Now most people don't even have house phones.

    ReplyDelete