reality shows-
I am guilty of watching some reality shows, I don't know how they attract me when I know deep down inside they're not real at all. As I grew up I was in love with watching laguna beach. I rarely missed an episode. I used to think everything they did I would be able to do when I was their age. I guess I have a love hate relationship with reality t.v. Watching older people on t.v. definitely me want to grow up faster in a way. I wanted to be putting on makeup and going out with my friends and I was probably only 8 or 9 at the time. Now that I think of it shows do give a bad influence on younger kids without even trying to. Watching people having fun partying or doing crazy things on t.v. always puts that little fire of an idea in your mind that it looks fun so it must be fun. Reality shows and young minds probably don't mix well.
But to be honest, I would much rather watch the kardashians than law and order. Probably just because I was relate to khole or kourtney more than someone from a real scripted show. As weird as it sounds I feel like we would be friends in real life or something. I guess the more I can relate to something the more I like it, and I'm not really thinking if it's giving a bad influence or not. So reality shows kind of are my guilty pleasure. I know they're bad but sometimes I can't resist and just want to laugh at whatever scott disick says on the kardashians.
I love how funny some reality shows are. Like if you could make me laugh we can most definitely be friends. I love how maybe sometimes I get outfit or hair ideas from shows.
I hate how some reality shows make you think you need to grow up faster than you think. I hate how some reality shows give young girls an image that they think they need to be. Reality shows sometimes do more harm than just entertain.
I guess I never thought of reality TV as something that is preferred because it is easier to relate to. I had always looked at it for its enteertainment value. I would have never thought of it that way.
ReplyDeleteThere are talented T.V. writers that are much more than capable of making you laugh.I challenge you to expand you T.V. viewing repertoire.
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving your insight. Help me understand a little of why I the Kardashians show is so entertaining to younger viewers. Not sure if you heard, but the Kardashians and other spin-off of that show are not 100% reality. Definitely scripted at points.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you, reality shows do give young girls the wrong idea on how they should be. But, it also does the same for young boys. I am guilty of watching them sometimes, but I don’t think they are shows for teens to watch even though I know they do.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with your last sentence; those shows can create more harm then entertainment at times.
ReplyDeleteI think that a lot of reality shows do in fact create more harm than actual entertainment. But, I guess that's their main goal, entertain people not educate them in any way.
ReplyDelete