Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Family
My family used to be closer than it is now. I think everyone kind of drifted over time. My cousins and I truly grew up together; we all got babysat together we all played together. We were each other’s only friends. We all grew up to have very different personalities, but still remain close.

As far back as I can remember I was always outside with my cousins Jasmine, Brandi, and Andrea. Even though we’re all different ages; we never really noticed, now Jasmine 20, Brandi 19, me also 19, Andrea 17. We played hide and seek until we got in trouble for being outside so late. Two of my cousins lived on the same street so we were constantly going back and forth from houses. We were always together doing girly things. Every day was a picnic outside with our dolls, and every night was a Disney movie sleepover. We had no worries. Every holiday, birthday, and family get together we were all together.

Now we’re all pretty far in distance. Brandi lives in New Mexico, Jasmine and Andrea live in Arizona, and I’m still here. As we grew, so did our personalities and styles. We still remain close even through the hundreds of miles. We usually visit each other over summer. We tend to all meet up in Arizona for three weeks. In those short three weeks it feels like nothing’s changed between us. We go out late and go eat, we go to the movies, we shop, and go swimming. It’s really nice. Even though we’re so different from each other we never let that get in the way. Jasmine’s more into working and money, Brandi’s into taking charge and volley ball, Andrea loves soccer and still in high school, while I’m just over here trying to get into the radiology program at Moorpark. I guess I appreciate my time with my cousins more since I really don’t have them like I used to.

I honestly am really happy with my family even though I probably don’t show it all the time. They’re the only ones who can cheer me up or just make me smile. I love that I can still be close to my cousins even with being so far away from them. I think along with being cousins we’ll always be friends as well.

4 comments:

  1. I miss the good old days too! Things got way too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! I also grew up really close to my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that you still get together in the summer. I use to do the same with my cousin in Illinois, but once we grow up and married it was much more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree sometimes families drift apart, but sometimes family has a bond that can't be replaced. I see this whenever distant cousins come to visit. Nothing seems to have changed when they come over because we enjoy each other's company. Although we've grown apart, we always find something in common with one another.

    ReplyDelete